A place for all things I love...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kate Spade look alike

So as I mentioned forever ago, I found this Kate Spade dress that I fell in love with! (I am obsessed with anything that has lots of color :)) Naturally it was way too expensive for me to purchase, so I had to figure out a way to have my own rainbow beauty just like it! 
 I searched everywhere for a similar fabric, but with no luck.. so I hopped on Spoonflower where they print custom fabric & created my own. Then using my resources here in Mexico I had a similar dress made! I was really pleased with how it turned out.
 (excuse the wrinkles.. unfortunately especially for my husband, ironing just isn't in the cards for me)
 Even though I wish it wasn't quite so bright & a little bit shiny like the original fabric, all the colors just make me happy :)
In the end my look a like Kate Spade dress cost me only $45! ($30 for the custom fabric & $15 for the labor) Just about 1/10th of the cost of the original! Can't complain about that :) Right now I have a summer cover up & my sister's homecoming dress waiting at the tailors, & I can't wait to pick them up!
To see my other custom dress go here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm dying! I want that dress so bad. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously so cute!!!!! I want one!! I have a feeling you will miss the tailor in Mexico when u leave....maybe you can just take him/her with u;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me right now? You need to start just have 2 of all your dresses made...one for you, one for me :) (I am not even kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your fabric still available to purchase?

    ReplyDelete